Last week on Sunday morning I was visiting my home church. There during worship God has really spoken to me by showing me a vision. In it I saw myself drowning, yet desperately trying to get to the top of the water. However, the closer I got to the top of the water or even if I caught a mere breath above the water, I would soon find myself being pulled downwards, further into the deep by an unknown force. During my attempts to save myself all I could hear was just one phrase that was spoken over me: 'embrace it'.


I asked the Lord for the meaning of this; I understood that the water was his love and grace. 
My attempts at saving myself was out of a result of not being used to it. So as a result, I feared drowning. But you see, the man is not really me, it is my flesh. We all must die to ourselves when we come to Christ, yet we still have to remember that the death is not to be feared or ran away from because the water that surrounds us is his love, through grace and in his love we have the strength to answer his invitation to salvation. The death is not merely an end but a new beginning. 

Then I was also reminded that I already I am a new creation, my struggles with trying to live like a 'good christian' or a holy child of God are wrong in my mindset. I am justified, I am perfect in his sight, Christ's righteousness was imputed to me. The mindset I was reminded of is that of a new creation. 2 Cor. 5:17 says that I am one so I should embrace who I am in him and what he says about me. My failures and attempts to get things right are need to be seen in a new light: that it is not I who love but Christ who lives in me, he loves me regardless of what happens. It is Christ who deals with my shortcomings, I can't change them they require his work. His grace is my safety net, what I need to do is to live like a new creation because I am one, he will sort out the rest. I hope this somehow would make some sense and bless you all. 

0 comments: