Recently I heard a story, where a homeless man has found a purse full of money and instead of keeping it and using to provide food and shelter for himself, he gave it back.



Anyway, The story was very moving, but what was more moving was the fact that he was the same man that I saw on the market street in Manchester pretty much every time I was on my way to work. Moreover, some people have driven out this man from my workplace because he was smelly and off-putting.

Yet, the story, which struck me the most, is that a few days later I have found on my Facebook newsfeed that this guy has been given a free accommodation because of his act of kind honesty. When I read that I felt like I wanted to cry. Immediately, I saw the grace of God and the kindness of God.

So regardless of whether we are Christians or not, God is still kind, he is still gracious. Often we think of the love of God and we subconsciously, reserve it just for Christians or just for the good guys, but his love is everywhere regardless on our performance, he is not a God of just standard theism, for whom you have to perform. For the father what matters is his son’s doing. God does not pick and choose who receives his love because we all have received it. Romans 5:8 says that God loved us while we were yet sinners because as a result of this Love Christ died for us. You may believe in universal or limited atonement, to me none of those things matter too much, these are side issues, what is important is that God loves all of his creation, and he cares about each and one of us, from the drug Lord to a homeless man.

Sometimes, God wants us to just listen to others not to shove religion down people’s throats but to just love them be patient with them. God is patient with you as well as he is also patient with them. I thought of a new challenge as well: from tomorrow, every time I go to work I will look at the crowds and at everyone, having in mind that each one of them is equally loved by God, just like I am. What I hope to achieve from this is deeper revelation of God and of his innate attributes. I hope this blessed you and encouraged you to try this challenge out.

0 comments: