So I thought that one of the first things that I'd like to share with you is my favourite artist who was also a musical genius. For those of you who do not know Jeff Buckley, he was a musician in the 90s and played folky, classical rock sort of music. He died tragically, whilst going for a swim in the Mississippi river, just before one of his concerts. Since he was such an epic guy, he has been touring a lot round the world, this allowed him to only release one album,  Grace.  He was not a Christian as far as I am aware, still his lyrics are just pure awesomeness.

The song lover you should have come over, has been pointed out to me by my friends, that it has sexual strong sexual connotations. Though knowing deep inside that those were present, I preferred them to be subtle in my mind. Nevertheless, I created my own interpretation of the song. This interpretation relates to Christ and his love for the Church, i.e. for us. He is the lover (just read the Song of songs and Hosea if you dont believe me). And it is never too late for us to go to his home, to partake in having a close relationship with him, to be dwelling in his presence (Psalm 24).


There is also a fantastic bridge towards the end of the song as well:


"It's never over, my kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder 
It's never over, all my riches for her smiles when I slept so soft against her 
It's never over, all my blood for the sweetness of her laughter 
It's never over, she's the tear that hangs inside my soul forever"



These lines are my favourite bits in the song, as they provide a powerful image of the love of Christ and just the lengths he is willing to go for us. I mean he died that we maybe forgive from sin (Rom. 5:8). But he also died so that we may have full life and produce fruits of the spirit (Jn. 15:1-16).
So I hope you peeps will love this song, and will fall in love with Jeff. As usual be blessed :D



0 comments: