Few months ago I was having an exam in my module of Intensive Greek. I was afraid, I was trying to revise but nothing would stick. Yet throughout this entire time of worrying and asking God for peace, God has been speaking to me that he will take care of the exam. He asked me to trust him.

I gladly accepted this word, yet I still continued to worry and stress! I came to the exam; it was very hard. However, I felt ok about it. Then results came in the following week and I was told that I passed with a 2:1! I was so happy and joyful, encouraged to not give up on learning Greek but to carry on. After the massive flood of joyful emotions I remembered God’s word: that he would sort it out.
Immediately I thanked him for the result and for being with me. At the same time I was convicted to repent from not trusting him. Despite my failure to spend enough time in reading the word, despite my lack of prayer, God was still good to me. He’s love is completely unconditional.

I know now that it never is about our performance, because if it were, I would be screwed. He is faithful despite our faithlessness, despite our ups and downs in our walk. God is steadfast he cannot change; he is Eternal (or if you want to sound fancy, atemporal).  He will fulfil his promises, because he cannot lie, he is not a man (Num. 23:19). Just think of Sarah, she laughed when she was promised that she would conceive, and despite her unbelief, God fulfilled his promise.

So I challenge you: believe his promises, ask him what he thinks about your situations. Often we do not do that because we are afraid of the answers he will tell us, but he will not hurt us. Everything he tells us he does so out of love. I am by no means perfect in all of this. I am still growing. Yet, I believe that nobody is a master at doing all this stuff, but that is the lifestyle of faith, by which we are justified, its not about us and what we do, instead its about him.
God bless!

0 comments: