Today my friend and flatmate Jack told me a riddle:

I have a friend called bob; he likes dogs but does not like cats, likes cars but does not like motorbikes. Can you guess why he does not like them?

Then for my part I had to keep in asking questions of which objects he likes or does not like. For about half an hour I tried to guess the riddle, analysing every answer that was yes or no.  My other friend Jack (believe me the names get confusing at our flat) also got the answer before me. This made me more stressed and in turn obsessed with solving the riddle. Finally, after much labouring in counting vowels, constants etc. I got the answer and it was so simple, that I became quite annoyed at not getting it in the first place.

Yet, as I was walking into Uni this morning, I was pondering how these things could be applied to our lives and spiritual walks with God. Often we try to make sure that we are not doing anything wrong and try to analyse everything as though it had some deeper meaning. But quite simply sometimes we just have to believe what he says about us. He loves us and his grace covers us, so why analyse the wrong things that we do, why should we try to work out everything to be perfect in our lives? Lets just trust him, the cross was never meant for the good but for people like us who never get things perfect, and by the way, he calls us perfect (2 Cor. 5:17)

P.S. If you want to know the answer:




It was the letter T. Bob does not like any word with a letter T in it. :D

0 comments: