Recently as I have been going to church and listening to my music whilst walking to uni I have heard this phrase repeated. The third time when I heard this phrase I thought that this couldn’t be a coincidence. God must be trying to tell me something. So, as I do when I'm bored whilst walking back home, I began meditating on the meaning of that phrase. Firstly, I struggled to understand it, since I'm Polish and this phrase was new too me. After a while I realized that it’s all about allowing you to become vulnerable and putting all your hope and faith into one particular thing. It’s like going 'all in' on a table of roulette just on done number.

Yet when we apply the same principle to our spiritual life the odds are not merely 1 out of a million but simply they are surely 100% true. Since, he has said that no one should be put to shame, when one gives his or her life to God.

The world often tells us that we should not rely on anything or anybody, that we should be independent and self-sufficient that is what maturity boils down to. People move out from their Parents home go to uni or get a job and have bills to pay.
However, what does God say? Too often we let our culture and social majority educate us into their own belief. Let us be diligent and know what God's way is. That is to put all eggs in one basket rely on him not on ourselves.

0 comments: