God is such a powerful and amazing person. Who can know the full length and breadth of his love! As I was listening to ‘Ascend the Hill’ today, I was reminded just how far God has brought me. I do not have a radical testimony of becoming a Christian, since I was brought up with Christian values. Yet, I must admit that in my life God had to bring me through a process of genuine repentance of sin. Nevertheless that’s off the point.

So, God is so amazing, not only was I brought up in a Christian family, which in itself is a rarity in extremely catholic country like Poland, but he also took me, a simple Polish boy who was just an average kid in his class, who had barely any friends and brought him about 2000 miles to Manchester, having known no English and having had no friends, he not only provided for me new friends but also allowed me to learn a new language, he saved me, baptized me with his Spirit and has not left me ever since. He has been patient with me. Now I am studying Classics and Ancient history at Manchester University, which is world-renowned. Don’t get me wrong I am not trying to show off; if I stayed in Poland my life would look completely different, I am unsure whether I would survive as a Christian, go to uni or even move out of my tiny city. God is truly gracious; my life is completely transformed because of him.

I’m telling you this story because I hope that it would get you to think of what God does in our lives and how we should not belittle any change he does. The places to which God has taken me this year, since I started uni are way further than I have imagined, although I am not amazingly mature as a Christian, I have learned more and more about the nature of his grace.  Although we do not always see what God does in our lives, be sure of this he is still working in us.
Just think to yourself and ask God, how far have you brought me? Thank him for saving you and for taking care of you.

0 comments: